Real Genius
Monday, May 09, 2005
 
Victor Navasky...
... was just about the sweetest old man I've met in a long, long time. He was at Politics & Prose to talk about his new book, A Matter Of Opinion, and he was everything I expected and more.

As I was sitting, Chris Hitchens came in and stood up, immediately to my right, with a white plastic cup in his hand, making me wonder what was in it. My impulse to go up and talk to him and compliment him on his impeccable obit-writing skills, "all politics aside", unfortunately faded away as I noticed a number of people with whom he seemed busy chatting after Navasky's talk, and his rather-conspicuous scratching of his back through his shirt, over his shoulder. I abstained from an introduction which would inevitably call for a handshake.

Yea.

OCD.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com