Real Genius
Saturday, October 15, 2005
 
Golden Ssshhhh....
You know, I was reading MoDo's column today and something stuck out like a sore thumb:
But the reverse playbook got washed away with Katrina, when Karl Rove and W. did not jump to attention at the word hurricane. W. ended up with a job approval rating of 2 percent among African-Americans, according to a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll. He missed the golden hour, as it’s called in combat medicine, the precious time when acting fast may save those in jeopardy.
W.’s presidency has become branded with rushing into one place too fast and not rushing into another fast enough.
Now I'm not going to suggest that it completely destroys the flow nor that it is irrelevant to the context, but it still somehow felt out of place, somehow not entirely needing use, as if it was placed there for another purpose.

Then I realized how similar to another phrase Golden Hour sounds, especially when I tried to pronounce it in my head instead of just reading it.

It's just one brief consonant short of a Golden Shower, isn't it?

I'm probably wrong but I'd like to think that it's not just a coincidence.

Okay, I'm done being a disgusting asshole for the day.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com