Real Genius
Thursday, October 27, 2005
 
Harriet Miers Withdraws
Says the Post:
Miers told the president in a letter of withdrawal that she was "concerned that the confirmation process presents a burden for the White House and our staff that is not in the best interests of the country."
Bush responded that he was "reluctantly" accepting the decision.
"I nominated Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court because of her extraordinary legal experience, her character, and her conservative judicial philosophy," he said in a statement. But, he said, "I understand and share her concern . . . about the current state of the Supreme Court confirmation process."
Yea.

I believe that like I believe there's a god. And like I believed Dubya had nothing to do with the swiftboat ads. And like I believed he didn't ask Kerik to step down when the shit hit the fan, but Kerik withdrew on his own.

Standard operating procedure: Failing nominees take the fall on their own, and the nominator remains unscathed. Lowlies do the dirty work as they're ordered, and Mr. above-the-foray admits no direct connection.

Though this does remind me of the way a good ole' Italian institution conducts business...

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com